Yesterday I wrote about an amazing social media campaign by “What’s In The Bible?”. Today I have some lessons that other Christian organisations and churches can learn from the campaign.
- Social media is worth putting effort into, WITB has had a lot of interaction based on social media.
- Twitter, Facebook and blogs are all worthwhile (for Australia, Facebook appears to be the most effective)
- The key to social media is perseverance. This is not a new lesson. WITB continued to persevere despite the fact that they still have less than 1000 Twitter followers.
- If you have a great product, people will like it. The WITB DVDs are incredibly well made, if something isn’t well made then people wont want to share it.
- Professional videos are great in introducing a product. A quick professional DVD (like this one) will start social media well, and videos are so easy to share these days.
Social media is effective in sharing information, and effective campaigns like this one can glorify God. I hope that Christians can learn from each other and effectively use technology to serve God.
What other lessons can we learn from the WITB social media campaign?